Saturday, June 14, 2008

Unpredictability of God!


Unpredictability of that “Being” I call God has frequently frustrated me. But there have been many, many moments my mind has been simply fascinated by that “More”. It is this fascination that prompts me to what the ancients called “praising God”! And my adoration of that Absolute Love at the edge where I stand breaks into this “un-poetic” prayer where my “soft amen” disintegrates with the souls of those perishing in hell, a human construct.

Your unpredictability like the wind
Blowing where it chooses to blow
That I hear very clearly the sound
But knowing not where it comes
Or whither her path would be
Increasing that sense of mystery to surround
You and your ways of dealing in the world
Making the thought of your eternal
Unchangeableness a very sure heresy
Leaving me to wonder, and wander after you
Like Moses journeying alone
In that Sinai wilderness
For so long before he gets a glimpse
Of your being in the burning bush

I, now, drive through the Albertan bush
Seeking like Jonah, Jeremiah, and Jesus
That restless rest that comes from resting
In your endless, ever-expanding
Being that is always becoming!

No comments: